Saturday, October 16, 2010

Life is getting exciting!!

I went shopping in Kingston yesterday, spent a LARGE amount of $$ in restocking items and stopped in to see how things are going with my new home. My son, Steve, decided that he doesn't like me living out in the boonies any more so he's building me a new apartment in his new home. I can't believe the amount of work he's done this week!! The space is almost gutted, most of the "stuff" that was left by the previous owners has gone and the reno is clearly underway. The contractor doing floors, wiring, plumbing, drywalling etc etc etc will start next week and the window/door guys are coming soon too. Steve figures I'll be in by Christmas.
Last night I had a nice long chat with my buddy, Ingrid Tiffe. (She has blogs for IsaTe's Designs and Frayed Around the Edges, (her store) ..the links are in the side panel.) Ingrid also got the Napanee Artisan Guild underway, of which I am a member. Her daughter, Isadora, features LARGE as a model for Ingrids designs in the blogs, and is my favourite child on this planet. High energy, smart and a GORGEOUS diva. I am her #1 fan. There are some things going on with the guild, and there will be a drop in and stitch at the store every Wednesday from 6pm to 8pm. There will be more info on the store site, so check it out. Maybe I'll see ya there.
I was looking for shows to enter this am, (one of my procrastination tools!!) but realised I still don't have a body of work yet. I think that MUST COME FIRST!!! I'll post pictures as I get work done. Talk soon.

No comments: