Monday, August 10, 2009

I recently joined Creative Every Day, (link in the right hand column) and am managing to do exactly that: be creative in some way, every day.
I am a fanatical book purchaser, and this month's books and study CD's are so interesting. #1 is the latest thr3fold, #4, from Linda and Laura Kemshall in the UK, #2 is a DVD by Pamela Allen of Kingston, Ontario (Pam's almost a neighbour!!). I found a used hardback edition of Colour via Abebooks, for a buck from the Seattle Goodwill plus a Building Websites for Dummies for a buck, again thru Abebooks, from a New York used bookstore. Gotta LUV IT!!
Another passion is listening to the local library's stock of talking books. I have the CS Lewis series at present, recently " read" the first five Harry Potter books, and am waiting for the final two. I tend to listen to them when I am handsewing or doing chores around the house. And I have listened to all kinds of spy and adventure books, Clive Cussler, Robert Ludlum amonst many. Now I am re-learning how to draw and paint, so have drawing books, "Creative" painting books, and on and on.
Small wonder I don't get much "art" made!!! Have a great week. Shirley

No comments: